Getting ready for the big storm

Lucinda

I'm worried about the people in the mid-Atlantic and northern states. This storm coming up this week sounds really ominous. How are others preparing? I live just south of where it's supposed to be bad, but I have enough storm memories to really be worried about adding cold and snow to the mix.

freshfoodie

I heard that it was going to curve in and could really hit upstate New York and New Jersey quite hard. I have friends and family on the coast so I am hoping that they all stay safe.

chabella

All Lady
I have friends in NY, family and friends in MD & VA. Everyone is packing up and getting stocked up on things they might need with things start to get nasty. So far we have just gotten a ton of winds from the storm (good cool winds).

Lucinda

We have friends and relatives in Washington, northern Virginia and New York. Rising water in NYC really sounds scary to me with all the subways and masses of people. I have a niece at a university in New York. She's not far from the water all. She's going inland to stay with some friends.

Aletha

We are expected to receive rain and some snow/wet snow from the storm. I have noticed, from long standing observation of weather, if the storm comes from the east instead of the west, it's going to be a doozy. Everyone stay safe who are in the path of the "Frankenstorm". I'm thinking this is going to put a crimp in the trick or treating schedule. We may all be in "survival mode" by then. Good luck everyone-stay safe!

Lyra

I've gotten everything outside that could be blown stored away. I've got my laundry done and I'm going to make sure my dishwasher has been run before the rain starts. I anticipate losing power. I also need to move all my frozen food to one freezer to try to keep it cold.

The winds have kicked up a bit since yesterday morning. The temperature has dropped here since this morning. Here it comes!

Luvkenny

I'm in Upstate NY and I am worried. We filled up our vehicles with gas! We have a freezer full of food and lots of bottled water. I live in the country so we also have a well. We have a generator too and have filled every gas jug we have. If we lose power which it sounds like we might, we will be okay for a bit. They are saying we could get winds up to 75mph! That is just crazy!

Lilly

Fortunately, I am not in the path of this one, but we have gotten some really high winds. I knew they were really expecting it to get bad when they shut down all of the public transportation in NYC.

freshfoodie

The more I thought about the storm, the more I realized how many people I know who are in the path. My uncle, aunt and cousin just moved to MD and I have several friends and family members scattered through VA and NY. I am really starting to get scared for all of them, especially when I hear that NYC shut down the stock exchange and the MTA. It is going to get cray out there. Even we are getting wind gusts of up to 50 MPH in Michigan as a result of this storm. The weather man said the storm is over 1,000 feet wide. A storm that big is sure going to cause some major destruction.