Garlic makes me nauseated

PaloVerde

I like garlic but when I eat it these days I get really queasy. I can eat small amounts, like a slice of garlic bread or a little cooked in food, but if there is too much, I get ill. I wonder if I may have some sort of allergy to it. It gets worse every time I eat something with too much garlic.

2Nature

That is interesting. I don't get ill but if I eat it too much for my taste, which is often considering how much I like garlic, I will upset my stomach for few hours.

lolli

I love garlic so I am glad I don't have that problem. I eat it on pretty much everything. When did you start having this problem? I bet you are forming some sort of an allergy to it.

PaloVerde

It sort of crept up on me slowly. First I would get horrible heartburn from it and then it started to become a really nauseated feeling. Now, even when I think about it, it makes me feel queasy, which is odd because I have always like it before!

SoftRain

I'm sorry that garlic makes you suffer like that. It definitely sounds like an intolerance, so it'll be best for you to avoid it. If you're that nauseated, you're probably avoiding it by now anyway.

Myrrh

I am not really a fan of garlic particularly its smell. Anyway, it looks like you're developing an allergy to it. I can't think of any other reason or probable explanation.

PaloVerde

That's what I have been thinking too. It might be an allergy, or at the very least, some sort of intolerance. It seems that it mainly happens with garlic powder.

chabella

All Lady
This has never been a problem for me or anyone in our family. We eat enough garlic to keep all types of vampires aware. It does make me wonder though, do you have the same reaction to other foods too?

PaloVerde

No, not really. Just garlic powder. There are a few kinds of fish that I avoid that make me feel a little queasy after I eat them but I chalk that up to the oils involved.

paula

It is fairly common for people to get this reaction to garlic and there are other herbs with similar properties that may not make you sick another thing that you might consider is whether your garlic is organized organic in otherwords it may not be