Gaining weight

Melissast

I'm in my third trimister of pregnancy and it dosen't even look like i'm pregnant. My doctor has told me that I need to gain weight, and the baby is not as big as it should be right now according to the ultrasound. I eat, and I havent been getting sick or anything with this pregnancy. Dose anyone have any suggestions on what healthy things I could eat to help gain a little weight?

anniep1978

Is your doctor concerned about the baby? I think some people just don't gain weight especially if they were overweight before getting pregnant.

If you are still trying to gain weight I would recommend high quality foods such as avacado or cheese.

gar

Avocado I believe is one.
but haven't you ask you doctor which food are those? This is because there are actually nutritious food that aren't for pregnants.

chabella

All Lady
I have never actually had this issue come up before. When I was pregnant any time I still gained weight but I guess I carried it better than some do. It is very odd that your doctor told you this without giving any helpful tips.

Lyra

I would suggest hitting the protein really hard. Have you ever heard of the Brewer Diet? It is a high protein diet to help babies grow to a really good, healthy weight. It is not too late to start.

Melissast

I have never heard of the Brewer diet. I will have to look into it. the doctor told me to get some ensures and drink about three a day, but there a bit expensive and I can't really afford that right now. The doctor was concerned about the baby she said its two weeks behind where it should be on weight right now. I get to go in next tuseday and get another ultrasound to see if it has grown any. I guess if it has not she will schedual more test for me.

FirstBaby2011

I have never heard of the Brewer diet. I will have to look into it. the doctor told me to get some ensures and drink about three a day, but there a bit expensive and I can't really afford that right now. The doctor was concerned about the baby she said its two weeks behind where it should be on weight right now. I get to go in next tuseday and get another ultrasound to see if it has grown any. I guess if it has not she will schedual more test for me.
Wow, when I was underweight, Ensure was what my physician recommended as well. Instead of processed meal replacement shakes, I would focus on incorporating lots of healthy fats in your diet. Avocados, nut butters, whole nuts, and using generous amounts of olive oil when cooking may help some. I have gained about 10 pounds by including more healthy fats in my diet. I hope you find something that works for you. Please keep us posted. :)

Melissast

I went back to the doctor today, and the babys gained some ponds. She's now only one week behind in size, and the doctor said that she wasn't to worried about it only being a week. I think since it did catch up some, that it might catch up all theway. If not the doctor dosen't seem to worried anymore, and there is nothing wrong with a little baby. I have been eating more protein and that seems to be working.

artistry

If you were not pregnant, I might suggest some things, but I do think that your doctor, should give you a list of foods that would be beneficial and healthy for you, as well as helping you gain weight. You should consult your doctor. Good luck.