Gaba, anyone?

herbalnut

I was speaking with my sister today about anxiety. She told me that she had started a new supplement called "Gaba." This is the first I've heard about it. She said it had done wonders for her and was even helping her sleep better. Has anyone ever tried this before?

Myrrh

I was sure I hadn't heard of this supplement before, so I tried to look it up online. Accordingly, this supplement is used for anxiety, sleep problems, and depression. It stimulates the production of the neurotransmitter GABA, that has inhibitory effects on the nervous system.

Raspberry Leaf

Interesting! I'll have to look into that. I knew that GABA was a neurotransmitter, but I had no idea they'd found a way to make a supplement for it.

hppyfngy

I use a GABA supplement occasionally. It does help with tension and stress.
Sometimes, at least in my body, it causes minor jitters as well. I don't know why.
I'd still recommend it, but use with care, (as you should any such mood altering supplement.)

armyswat

well, gaba will not work for you, it does not go across the blood brain barrier. there is something called PharmaGABA, which is made naturally from kimchi, will work better. I've tried it, it may be calms me down a little bit, but didn't notice huge differences. still you should give it a try to see.

GABA is waste of money, won't help you.

try wild herbs from the nature instead, such as valerian, st john's wort, ashwagandha, and eat it raw or dry it. you could eat even raw cannabis leaves.. it's natural herb, non toxic, and does not do any harm. or you could try black lotus, or try even growing stuff your self, buy seeds