Folic Acid and B6?

2Nature

I've read somewhere that Folic acid and B6 are important for production of energy in the body but I can't find anything online on how much you need to supplement with.

aunaturel

I don't think either of these are necessary to supplement, unless you're eating a very bad diet. In fact, too much folic acid can cause heart problems, so it's highly recommended not to supplement unless a doctor recommends it.

2Nature

I've heard that over supplementing with certain stuff can cause completely opposite effects of expected ones. Thanks for the tip. I can't remember where I read that.

Myrrh

We can incorporate foods that are loaded with these nutrients into our diet, so personally I don't see the need to take folic acid and vitamin B6 supplements. I just read that the maximum vitamin B6 daily intake for adults is 100 mg. I think it's not that difficult to get such amount from the food we eat. :rolleyes:

Lyra

Actually, research shows that sustained daily intake of 200 mg for a few months can cause negative neurological effects. However, I disagree that we normally get enough in our diets. There are a million reasons why what you get from food may not be enough for you, in our polluted, broken world. But I wouldn't take it purely to increase energy, unless you have other symptoms that you are not getting or using enough B6.

Cobbler

We can incorporate foods that are loaded with these nutrients into our diet, so personally I don't see the need to take folic acid and vitamin B6 supplements.
We can incorporate those foods, but not everyone's system processes them the same. Some people need those supplements for that reason. But yes, definitely see your doctor before taking them

Sagebrush

I'm one of those people that need to supplement. Definitely go to your doctor. There is a blood test that will tell you your levels and whether you need to supplement. I went for fatigue a while back and my doctor found that both my vitamin B and vitamin D levels were too low to be healthy. So I get a monthly B shot, and a monthly prescription D capsule. They make a big difference in my energy levels.

armyswat

Don't take folic acid, take 5-MTHF (5-methyl tetra hydro folate), also known as methyl folate..

only 1 percent from the world can actually use folic acid and convert it into its active form methyl folate.
it is synthetic man made, and it will do more damage than good, it will block your folate receptors, so when real folate will come in from your diet, it won't be used by your body..

But i don't support 5-MTHF anymore as well, since i found out it's synthetic man made as well and is not a raw source from plants.

I would my self try many herbs, such as blue lotus flowers, eat them dried, mince them in a blender or your self and eat until you feel an effect.