Focus Tincture Recipe Experiment

hppyfngy

Hi Folks. I've been making tinctures for several years now and have been experimenting recently with a focus tincture for myself and for some friends. "Artist-types" who some say have ADD, but I just say are scatter-brained. :) So this is what I am trying out.

Equal parts of:
Siberian Ginseng
Ginkgo Biloba
Gotu Kola
Skullcap
Stinging Nettle Leaf
Chamomile

Any thoughts? Complications, dosage, interactions, or anything come to mind that you would change?

Thanks and Hello!
HFG
(Randy)

Lyra

Very interesting. I do not have a good handle on ADD or treatments, but I am intrigued by your idea. Please let us know if you have success with this tincture.

Oh, but wait. I do know that Omega-3's are great for improving focus. Don't know if that would help you or not.

hppyfngy

Thanks Lyra, I take Omega-3 fish oil as well.

I've used this tincture off and on for a couple of weeks. It works pretty remarkably. I'm getting a slight flush sometimes when using it though and I'm not certain where that's coming from.

Doesn't take much to get results. A dropper full, about 1 ml, twice per day is quite noticeable.

Lyra

That is fantastic. Good for you for figuring out a formula that works for you. It takes some work, but there really are natural, better alternatives to medication for most problems.

hppyfngy

FYI, I'm taking a 1 ml dropper full about three times per day. I thought at first I was getting something akin to a caffeine buzz, but it's not like that, more like just a little rush like you get from yerba mate.

I do still get a mild flush as well sometimes. It's not uncomfortable like a niacin flush though, just noticeable.

Going to bottle up some of the individual ingredients and try them separately to see if I can identify the source of the flush.