Flu shots

naturelady

Do you get a flu shot each year? Do you get one most years? If you got one this year, are you glad for it?

Just curious how many of us choose to get vaccinated against the flu each winter.

strawberry

I've never gotten a flu shot and I don't see that changing anytime soon. I know parents and grandparents of young children often get them so they don't pass the flu on to youngsters, so maybe when I'm a grandma I'll consider it.

rayne

I work with children year round and I am a grandma, so I get one every year whether I like it or not. I have noticed that in recent years, the shot has begun to affect me for at least a day or two. It makes me feel bad. Maybe it's the strain of flu that I'm being treated for?

Brea

I never get a flu shot, after having a bad reaction to the shot one year. It was such a horrible experience, I never wanted a repeat to happen. I know many people who get flu shots and it helped them, with no side effects. Flu shots are just not for me, and thankfully I have not come down with the flu.

Hyacinth

Like Brea, I think flu shots are not for me either. I did get once but the side effects were not something that you would wish for. I rarely get struck by the flu anyway, so I guess my best defense would be boosting my immune system through more natural methods.

wanderingherb

Well, to be honest never agreed with it. But was forced to with the kids. Now I am told I have to due to my low immune system. Hmmm. Makes no sense. I've known folks who get the shots and still end up severely ill and with bronchial issues then...hospital. Though the purpose was to avoid such situation.

save27

I haven't gotten a flu shot in the past couple of years I think, and I also haven't gotten the flu. I don't really see the need. One time I even got really sick from the flu shot.

clewand550

I have never gotten a flue shot. I don't believe in them. I hardly ever get the flue. My husband usually doesn't get sick either but one year he got a flue shot for work and ended up getting the flue afterwards. I know that there are many different strands of the flue. I don't believe in putting something like that into my system. I don't believe that it is healthy for you at all.

2Nature

I've never gotten a flu shot and I never will. I don't like all the stories behind these shots regardless of if they are true or not. Also I can't remember when was the last time I caught a flu.

I do not get a flu shot and I do not get any other vaccine either. My daughter has never been vaccinated and she is 100% healthy. Did you know that the flu vaccine only protects you against 1-3 strains of the flu virus from the PREVIOUS year? There are hundreds of different types of strains, so getting the vaccine is pretty much pointless.

Our family does not believe in the flu shot. I feel it is just another way for the government to try to control us. Our great-grandparents lived just fine without all these pointless vaccinations. I think they do more harm than good.

SoftRain

I don't see much point in flu vaccinations. They only partially protect you, so why deal with the toxins in the shot when there's a good chance you'll get the flu anyway?

meowcow

I get a flu shot around before rainy season every year. I don't know if there are any subtle negative effects, but I certainly don't feel any different. But I can definitely say it works.

misumaru15

My kids got one this year. Their new doctor recommended it. I have not had a flu shot. I would get one if I was back working at the hospital.

amy71219

I never get the flu shot and neither do my kids. It only protects you from the flu strains they "guess" will the main strains and they have been wrong.

BrittneyD

I do not get a flu shot every year. Places around here seem to run out quickly and I always feel that there is someone who needs that shot more than I do. My son does have to get one every year though because he has asthma. I do notice that he rarely gets sick during the flu season. It does seem to help him a lot.

I planned to before especially when was this killer flu epidemic but I have decided not to because it could affect my immunity as well. I was told that having a fever is an indication of an infection inside your body and getting those flu shots will prevent you from not getting those signs.

april222

I won't get one

I haven't ever had one that I know of, meaning I may have as a child. My Grandfather never gets them and then a couple years ago he did, mainly due to a higher than normal flu risk. That particular year he had the flu all year long. I figure I seem to not get the flu so why risk it?

Another reason I don't get flu shots is that I kind of want my body to be able to naturally defend itself. It just seems like people take something for every single ailment there is. I sort of fear the end consequences of a steady supply of medication for everything.

dkramarczyk

I get one every year, but I'm also a stay-at-home mom so I don't want to pass anything on to my little ones. I'm also planning to have a career in a day care, so I will have to continue getting flu shots every year for the rest of my life.