Fell in the shower

Lyra

I slipped on some conditioner in the shower. I got rather banged up! Thankfully I didn't break anything. But I do have several bruises and I'm as sore as I can be. I grabbed hold of the towel bar on my way down, but crashed against the tile ledge.

Alli

I'm very glad you didn't break anything Lyra. My husband did the same thing about a year ago so I invested in one of those shower rugs. You know the kind. They have suction cups on the bottom and a rough texture on the top. It's worked out well so far. Maybe you should get one of these too.

SoftRain

Oh, be careful! I'm glad you aren't seriously injured and I hope the soreness subsides quickly. Showers and tubs can be dangerous places to be.

Lyra

Thank you guys. I am going to have to break down and get a suction cup mat. I try to avoid them because they can get fairly grubby underneath from all the moisture. But I don't see any way around it with this porcelain tub. I do not want to go through that again. Next time I might not be so lucky!

freshfoodie

I have had that happen more than once and it is always painful. I am glad that all you ended up with is a few bruises though. It could have ended up much worse. You will have to be more careful from now on!

chabella

All Lady
I have been there. I remember being a teen getting ready for school one morning. At the time we lived in the backwoods and creepy crawlers always came to visit. A spider came down from a web and landed right in front of my face, end result was that I banged my knee up pretty good and was on crutches for about a month.

Alli

Our suction cup rug is one that can be removed when your shower is done Lyra. I generally just pick it up, rinse it off and hang it over the shower rod after I'm done. That cuts down on the build up around those little suctions cups.

Myrrh

Oh, I hope you feel better now. The shower or the bathtub is one area in the house where falls and slips commonly happen, so better get one of those shower or bathtub mats. It's not that difficult to wash off the collected dirt anyway. ;)

lolli

I've done this several times as well and it isn't fun! I'm glad you were only bruised. You could have broken several bones. It sounds like you need to get a mat or at least let the water run for a few minutes before you get it.

SoftRain

I think you can buy a product that adds a gritty texture to the bottom of the tub. That way you can get some more traction without needing a suction cup mat.