Farmer's Market anyone?

eatplants

For the last couple of years, I have thought about planting a large herbal garden to harvest and sell at our local Farmer's Market. Has anyone done this? Lots of vegetables are sold there, and some herbs.

Personally I love my fresh herbs. I have met lots of people who don't know how to use them. If I sold herbs, would it help to have information on how to use them?

Also, would it be best to sell fresh herbs - bunches in cold water. Or would it be better to dry them. Or - perhaps a combination.

Thank you for any insight.

SilverVeil

Why not have a small informational leaflet. I use herbs and know that using fresh is not the same as using dry, but I don't know how to use fresh. Go for it.

relaxme

What an awesome idea. I know I go to farmers markets to buy some fresh herbs and veggies. If we don't grow them or not enough of them then I go buy them. That is the first place I go to get them. I know this way they are fresh and have no pesticides on them.

eatplants

Definately no pesticides for me! And I don't like to use weedkiller either. The thought of it makes me shudder. The weeds aren't hurting anyone! Some of them are good to eat, and good for you too.

I will have to make a plan for next year and my herb garden. I have time this year for a few herbs!

Thanks guys, for the vote of confidence.