eye exercises

My daughter has started to complain that she cannot see the board. i don't want to buy specs just yet and wondered if anyone could advise some good eye exercises for her please.

I would say you can do some research on Google. And take your daughter to the eye doctor. Eye sight is very important. I have worn glasses and contacts since I was 12.

artistry

I suggest that you do not put off getting glasses for your daughter. It is very nerve racking when you cannot see the board, she is straining her eyes, trying to see and she may well suffer with her grades. Is it worth it, for whatever reason you don't want to get her glasses? Exercise will not gain her sight, she might have long eyeballs, which makes you nearsighted. Exercises will not grow your eyeballs. Don't make her suffer like that. I started wearing glasses very early. I am glad my mother realized I needed to see. By the way, I graduated at 16, so wearing glasses helped my confidence.

I disagree with those above me. There are things she can do to exercise her eyes like looking up and down and right to left slowly. There were times where I could not see the board from my desk and my eyesight is perfect. Anyone would squint if they were 10 feet away from the chalkboard, that's common sense. Still get her checked out in case it's something more serious

SifuPhil

Eye exercises can be important for maintaining healthy vision, but I don't believe there are any that I've studied that would correct an existing deficiency. I think it wise to get to an ophthalmologist.

blossom730

I disagree with those above me. There are things she can do to exercise her eyes like looking up and down and right to left slowly. There were times where I could not see the board from my desk and my eyesight is perfect. Anyone would squint if they were 10 feet away from the chalkboard, that's common sense. Still get her checked out in case it's something more serious
I actually agree with this post. There is a lot of information about how eye exercises have helped to restore eyesight. There is also information about vitamins and herbs, that in conjunction with the eye exercises, can really be effective.

Sugarhill

My daughter has started to complain that she cannot see the board. i don't want to buy specs just yet and wondered if anyone could advise some good eye exercises for her please.
Has she had a sudden growth spurt? I'm just wondering if you can pinpoint one of the reasons as to why she may have sudden difficulty seeing. The only reason why I'm not going to press you to get her some glasses is because I only needed my glasses for looking at the board, but I got tired of putting them on and taking them off when I wasn't looking at the board and just wore them all the time.

I ended up making my eyes worse. I'd say try to find the exercises and see what they do over the next month or so. If there is no improvement, then take her to the doctor right before the school year. There will be sales at that time.