Essential Oils for Menstrual Cramps

Myrrh

One thing that I have to deal with each month is menstrual pain and cramps. I was looking for ways to relieve the discomfort besides taking a pain reliever and applying warm compress, and I found out that a combination of essential oils can be made into a rub to ease menstrual cramps. Mix 12 drops of a combination of lavender, chamomile, marjoram, sage, geranium, and ginger with 1 ounce of carrier oil of your choice. Apply to your abdomen and lower back.

StarGazer

I think any oils would probably do the trick as it's likely the massaging in of the oil that's alleviating the pain. Cramps are in the uterus and nothing rubbed on the skin is going to actually reach the uterus.

SoftRain

Thanks for the blend recipe. I will try that next time I'm dealing with bad cramps. I've been pregnant or nursing for the past several years and haven't had to deal much with them, but they are always bad when I do.

lolli

I bet it is the massage that helps. I know when I have cramps I rub my stomach and I feel better. I bet the smell of the oils helps too. Lavender makes me more relaxed.