Energy Drinks?

Meow

I have never had a problem with energy drinks, but then I don't drink them alot and when I do I know exactly what I'm getting into. It isn't a big deal since most of them are just sugar in water - like Red Bull which tastes disgusting by the way.
Most of them are a lot more than sugar and water.

I agree though, drinking the occasional Red Bull when you need to stay up won't kill you or have much of an effect on your health.

Lena51

I would say the same paulgreyman about those energy drinks. What is it that you can get from an energy drink that you can't get from good foods that you can eat and good natural drink products. I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole. Mind you, what are the real ingredients in that product? Do you really know, if you make something for yourself, then you will know what you made, wouldn't you?

freshfoodie

I don't drink energy drinks because most of them are filled with chemicals (taurine, etc), sodium, and sugar. I don't like anything like that in my body. They aren't good for you so you should definitely slow down.

Someone will always pay for a research study showing how bad something is for you. You won't die if you drink a couple of Red Bulls so just go for it.

hunysukle

Energy drinks aren't as great as the media would like to portray. Frankly, they are often full of caffeine, which is often disguised as "green tea extract", "guarana" and "coffee extract" on energy drink labels. Sugar is often a main ingredient in most energy drinks, causing many negative side effects including diabetes, obesity, and of course damage to your cells (leading to pre-mature aging). The most common side effects in these drinks are: dizziness, insomnia, shaking, headaches, irritability, and severe fatigue to name a few.

shaunche

Energy drinks aren't as great as the media would like to portray. Frankly, they are often full of caffeine, which is often disguised as "green tea extract", "guarana" and "coffee extract" on energy drink labels. Sugar is often a main ingredient in most energy drinks, causing many negative side effects including diabetes, obesity, and of course damage to your cells (leading to pre-mature aging). The most common side effects in these drinks are: dizziness, insomnia, shaking, headaches, irritability, and severe fatigue to name a few.
The problem for most people is that they are sugar-burners, their metabolism runs on sugar. They suffer an energy slump when their blood glucose levels drop. The solution is obviously to cut back on the sugar and become fat-adapted.

ProForums777

Energy drinks are not good for you, they are extremely good when you take them on special occasions though. Do you know what type of chemical reaction is in those drinks, I mean, first off, all energy drinks are addictive. No liquid should be that addictive unless is honey or chocolate. Nonetheless, if you are drinking energy drinks on a regular basis you should stop. To much synthetic stuff in your body is no good, not unless you are planning to start giving birth to new types of people.

claudine

My boyfriend drinks energy drinks every morning. This worries me so much because I'm sure it's unhealthy but he keeps saying that he can't wake up without it. I really ran out of ideas how to stop him from doing this.

chabella

All Lady
The most recent thing I heard from a contractor of ours was that a small child got a hold of their parents stash in the fridge (on a low shelf) and the child consumes many of these drinks then ended up in the hospital. At least in our area this is the only case I am aware of.

monty thiessen

My friend likes it very much . He drinks at least 3 in a day . Now he doesn't have any problem but I think it is not good for us . So I try avoid it .