Energy Drinks?

So I drink energy drinks on a regular basis. I hear quite often that there's been research being done showing negative effects on the human body from a more than moderate consumption of these types of drinks. Does anyone have any information further leading into this?

I've been kind of waiting around to see if anything negative started to come out about them. I've been leery of drinking any of them because of not really knowing the long term effects.

That's the thing I'm starting to worry about. I know the short-term effect isn't that bad but the longer term is what I'm starting to worry about. I've heard it can lead to heart problems, but has there been any proof behind these claims yet?

shaunche

I don't agree with the safe in moderation mantra. Energy drinks are very bad for you. Full of sugar, caffeine, and artificial chemicals. Energy drinks will spike blood sugar levels, reducing insulin sensitivity. Drink it regularly and you will soon become pre-diabetic.

Waynefire

I do not drink them that often. The most energy drink I have is coffee. This is usually all I need. However, the energy drinks I used to have all the time was a killer on my body, after a while I would feel my heart racing and other side effects I do not want to remember. I know they would even make me feel light headed and dizzy at times.

rayne

There are energy drinks out there that are actually healthy. Google XS energy drinks and have a look. They have no sugar, 8 carbs and packed with B Vitamins. I drink 'em all the time. 14 flavors.

I do not like energy drinks at all. They make me feel all gittery and then I do not want to go to sleep. I remember drinking one and it ended up making me so jumpy I stayed up all night.

Esperahol

I do drink energy drinks, but there are all kinds - some of them are little more than sugar with water (Redbull), some are vitamins and carbs with some sugar for taste (Powerade), some are suspect and should be avoided (Monster, anything with Jack3d, things with too much caffine). You make a choice about what you drink, but you shouldn't paint all the drinks with the same brush.

2Nature

When it comes to long term effects we are all affected with such products and many others and by the time we find out that is was wrong to take them it'll be too late, probably.

Parker

There are energy drinks out there that are actually healthy. Google XS energy drinks and have a look. They have no sugar, 8 carbs and packed with B Vitamins. I drink 'em all the time. 14 flavors.
I have never been attracted to energy drinks because of my early college days. I used to take all kinds of stuff to stay alert like caffeine pills. But this energy drink looks quite good.

2Nature

Just look at the labels and what they are putting in our food and drinks. You don't have to be expert to figure out that most of the stuff noted there is not naturally produced food.

Sugarhill

Is there any real problem with just getting enough sleep and eating proper foods for energy? There is no way that a person could truly believe that constantly stimulating yourself is okay or healthy.

beckyv1265

It seems that the energy drinks come in many different flavors and styles. I personaly never drink them. Only because I don't care for sweet drinks. I guess you would need to see what is in them to know if its bad for you. They may be full of great things.

Ja'cobeC

I don't know true is it but I heard they are bad for you. My older cousin told me about that, she a doctor btw so I stop drinking them.

Randomhero

So I drink energy drinks on a regular basis. I hear quite often that there's been research being done showing negative effects on the human body from a more than moderate consumption of these types of drinks. Does anyone have any information further leading into this?
Makes sense that too much of these crazy energy drinks will do more harm then good. I myself take a pre workout supplement called C4 Extreme by Cellucor which provides me more than enough energy without ever needing to take a monster,rockstar or redbull!

chabella

All Lady
I tried some type of AMP drink last night when out with a few friends, it was a "healthy" version of it and while it did not taste that bad it was strange. I never knew they could make something like this and guessed it was just an advertising deal.

mudrock

I would be careful with energy drinks. What you really need to do is make sure you check the nutritional facts and the sugar content. I would look into sugar free energy drinks just to be on the more safe side. I would also tone it down from 1 a day to maybe 2 or 3 a week. I think everyone hears about the heart problem issue but not to sure if enough research has been done to back it up.

chabella

All Lady
I do not drink them 24/7 but I have heard of a few health scares before, those people reported though were almost drinking them by the case. I think one or two every now and then is fine, pending you have no serious health issues to start with.

I have cut down now quite a bit on energy drinks and plan to stop drinking once and for all within the next 2 weeks. I just wanted to slowly put them down instead of cold turkey them, as major caffeine withdrawals are not fun at all. I had no idea Google came out with an energy drink though. They're trying to take over every market I swear! I'll have to look into those just because I'm a little curious.

paulgreyman

Slow down with the energy drinks because my mother had to go to the hospital because her blood pressure was super high. She was drink two a day, one before work and one after.