Eating Pork

rayne

I have noticed of late that every time I eat pork, I don't feel too good the next day. On doing some reasearch, I find that pork is the only animal that retains toxins, natural and unnatural. Maybe this is what's making me feel bad. Needless to say, I have severely limited my pork intake and am currently looking at doing the same with other meats as well.

Lyra

Pigs are trash-eaters. It is true that they retain toxins. This is why some religions forbid the consumption of pork. Shrimp, crab, and lobster are also bottom-feeders, which means they eat the refuse of the ocean, which is why they are considered "unclean".

SoftRain

I have never noticed feeling worse after eating pork, which is fortunate since I love it. I'm sorry it bothers you, but I think it's smart to listen to your body's signals and limit consumption.

SuzyQ

I love a grilled pork chop and, luckily I don't notice any ill effects either. Of course I do ensure that I eat organic, free range pork, sourced from our local farm. In that way I know that it hasn't been pumped full of antibiotics and other stuff!

Greenwoman

Many religious, philosophical, and esoteric groups believe pork to be unclean. I have heard of a lot of people who complain of getting headaches after eating pork, some flat out get sick. I personally have cut pork out of my diet because I am trying to keep my energies clean in order to practice pranic healing.

Myrrh

I rarely eat pork actually. I prefer chicken as my source of protein. Eating pork doesn't make me feel bad or anything like that though. When I have pork, I consume just a little of it so maybe the amount isn't enough to make me sick or anything.

Cobbler

I don't eat pork simply because I don't like the taste. I will eat bacon by the bucket-load though and I don't feel any ill effects from it.

freshfoodie

We don't eat a lot of pork either. Tonight just happened to be one night where we did. I am glad that I didn't read this until after dinner!