Earache

MissHerbLady

My ear has been killing me since last night and I was wondering if anyone had a home remedy that I could use? It's not causing me to be unbalanced, so I don't think it warrants a trip to the doctor.

TonicForMe

Have you tried just using a heating pad or something like that on it? Sometimes just a change in temperatures makes my ears hurt and I just use gentle heat on them and it works.

CrunchyMama

Garlic oil! Even just the gelcaps from Walmart - poke a hole and squeeze it in there. My son had a bad problem with earaches as a child. His ears would go from barely pink to ruptured in 15 minutes. One time we caught it at pink and put in garlic oil, and for the first time ever, it didn't rupture!

MissHerbLady

Have you tried just using a heating pad or something like that on it? Sometimes just a change in temperatures makes my ears hurt and I just use gentle heat on them and it works.
Yes, I tried this first because that's generally what I do for most aches, but no luck.

Garlic oil! Even just the gelcaps from Walmart - poke a hole and squeeze it in there. My son had a bad problem with earaches as a child. His ears would go from barely pink to ruptured in 15 minutes. One time we caught it at pink and put in garlic oil, and for the first time ever, it didn't rupture!
Okay, that's interesting and definitely worth a shot. I will smell like garlic, but that's okay.

Jasmyne

Ask a pharmacist for AURALGAN... it contains an anasthetic as well as the medication to treat an infection, and is often all that doctors 'prescribe' for ear troubles like that.