Drinking Soda Can Damage Sperm

CaughtInAmber

A study at the University of Copenhagen in Denmark has discovered "men who drink a quart or more of any cola a day, can lower the sperm count by as much as 30%"! That's a lot when you have fertility problems anyway! So any of you guys who are with a partner who is trying to get pregnant need to do your part and avoid cola drinks while you two are trying to get pregnant.

shaun

This is good to hear. How reputable is the University of Copenhagen in Denmark when it comes to the medical field? Are they someone we can trust?

glider

This is news to me. May be more thorough research needs to be done. Has the findings have been published in noted publications. Jumping to conclusions may not be correct at this stage. Let's wait for some more reports.

SageThinker

I never even thought about something like that. I don't drink a lot of soda anyway and I've been thinking about quitting. I sure don't want to cause problems when my wife and I get ready to start a family.

Dreyfush

Thanks for the information, I never heard about that before. I am not a big fan of soda, and just drink it for social reasons. More thorough research as suggested before is a good thing to do anyway.

carsonods

The bottom line on a study like this is quite interesting. Sodas are not good for our health. I love Mountain Dew. But I really believe that there's something in it that can cause lower sperm count.

biggy

Majority of people consume alcohol with soda. For that matter, all the soft drinks are made of aerated water. The research findings are new. I have not any heard anyone complaining about infertility problems owing to consumption of soda. Of course, excess consumption of soda is not good for health but it doesn't mean that it will adversely affect issues related to fertility.