Donna Summer Dies of Cancer!

Suzie

I'm sad to say I have no idea who this is; she must have been before my time. Cancer is a horrible death. My thoughts are with her family during this tragic time.

Luvkenny

I read this today too and was sad! I remember listening to Donna Summers with my mom when I was a kid. She was a great singer - disco! Cancer is horrible and it seems to be everywhere lately.

I remember her well and didn't realize that she had cancer. It is always sad when some of the great legends of the past pass away.

Sugarhill

I didn't know she had cancer, but I've been a long time fan. She was one of the few older artists that still sounded just as good as she did in her prime.

May she rest in peace.

Parker

This is really sad. RIP Donna Summer. I spent many good times dancing in night clubs to her music.

gidget

I didn't hear about this until this evening and was totally shocked. I was a teen in the 70s & of course she was the Queen of Disco. Loved her music and exercised and danced to her constantly. RIP Ms Summer

I really hate how all my childhood & teen icons are dropping like flies :(

artistry

It is very sad. She had such a distinctive voice. I loved her music. They are going to have a Memorial in Nashville, Tennessee on Wednesday of next week. They said she lived near the Twin Towers, in N. Y., and that the air quality might have had an effect on her body, but she also smoked.
I feel that way as well, that my singing heros are leaving so fast. The newer ones, I haven't latched on to. Stop the train, time is moving too fast.

So heartbroken to hear this news. She's one of the legends in music and another brave soul who fought with cancer and eventually lost. I really hope we find the cure for this disease soon!

Lena51

I am so sadden to know that another one of our stars has gone home. We all know that we can't keep them to ourselves very long and we should cherish every moment we have with them and thank God for sharing her with us. She had such a beautiful voice and such a disco diva. She really will be missed. We love you Donna, R.I.P. God loves you also.

misumaru15

It was really saddening to hear of her death. I like her music. It was fun and made people happy. It also happened when one of the Gibbs brothers died too. Heaven must have a heck of a concert lineup.

artistry

I will miss Robin Gibb as well, another one with a distinctively great voice. Sad so sad, for those left behind. We loved you and your music, Robin. RIP.

Parker

My heart just hurt when I heard about Robin Gibb's passing. May he rest in peace. My heart goes out to his brother, Barry. I am the oldest sibling too. I can't imagine anything worse than outliving my siblings.

Myrrh

It's sad to lose great talents - Whitney Houston, Donna Summer, and Robin Gibb. I didn't know Donna Summer had cancer until news of her death came. Their voices will surely be missed.