Does anyone have an online source for apple cider vinegar?

StarGazer

I've checked what passes for health food stores in my area, but cannot find organic apple cider vinegar with the mother still in it. What you buy on the store shelves at the ordinary grocery store is still good for you, but not nearly as beneficial as vinegar that still contains the mother.

hppyfngy

You can't find Bragg's locally? I don't think I've ever been in a grocery store that doesn't carry it...

PaloVerde

I think I am out of the loop with this one. The mother? I don't understand what this means. I better get my Google fingers on.

StarGazer

hppyfngy, no, I've never seen Bragg's as a brand. They may be a regional brand? I'm up in New England.

PaloVerde, the mother is all the particles and sediment that is found in apple cider vinegar naturally. The grocery store brands all strain that out and then pasteurize or otherwise process the vinegar for a longer shelf-life. Unfortunately, processing kills some of the good stuff, as does removing the mother.

PaloVerde

See? That is what I like and appreciate about this forum. I get to learn all kinds of new things. Thank you for the explanation, StarGazer. :)