Do you yoga?

aunaturel

I've been doing yoga DVDs for a while now and I have to admit, it's been a big help to my lifestyle. Not only am I more flexible than I have been in years, but I seem to be able to cope with stress much better. I'm thinking of taking a class to learn some more advanced techniques.

Primrose

Yoga is a great stress reliever. Even if you can't do all the moves and poses, at least you're doing something for your body and your mind. There are several classes at our local gym and I try to get there as often as possible just for the flexibility factor.

Myrrh

Yes, I do. I started with online yoga videos then switched to DVDs, and I plan to take a class. I am okay with using the DVDs, but I think that there are some sort of advantages of doing yoga with a group and a yoga instructor.

SoftRain

I love yoga. I prefer taking it with an instructor, though. She pushes me a bit harder and I like the group dynamic instead of doing it by myself.

Pinkle

I'm not doing any yoga currently but I'd love to get into it. For those of you that are using DVDs, which ones would you recommend? I would rather start out on my own than in a class.

WillieR

I don't think my body would go into some of those positions. If I did, with my luck, I'd get stuck that way and have to be carted off to the emergency room on two different stretchers.

Lyra

I've heard some great things about yoga for fitness. flexibility, and relaxation. Personally, I am uncomfortable with the idea of practicing it, as it is a religious activity. I know a lot of people say their class does not include the religion, but the whole discipline is based on religious principles. Some don't mind that, but I am just not that hip to it.

Luvkenny

I am not a fan of yoga because I'm pretty clumsy! I am going to try it though. If it really helps people kick stress out of their lives, I want to try it. Do you have to be coordinated to do it properly?

Hyacinth

I am a yoga newbie, and for the meantime, I am content with doing yoga with the help of online videos. I plan to join a class though. I just need to start out my yoga practice on my own first.

2Nature

I don't do yoga because I don't like what is sold with it. Exercise is one thing but yoga doesn't come just with stretching and flexing. Once into it you will have to start accepting the fact that there are some entities in the universe that you have to communicate with or at least that's what yoga gurus believe, no matter what type of yoga is in question.

sPeeDeeBee

What?? I'm a bit concerned about what sound like judgments that are not grounded in fact. Yoga is not a religion, nor does one need to "buy into" anything just to practice it. Brings to mind an expression about glass houses and throwing rocks, I'm sorry to say. Ever think what some other people say about herbalism? Like Rodney King became famous for saying, "...can't we all just get along?" ;)