Do you sell your candles?

xtina3907

I have just recently started making candles. So far I love it. I'm still in the learning stages but catching on real quick. I was just wondering for those of you who make candles do you sell them? I thought about just giving them as gifts. If you do sell them...where do you sell them at?

jason

Have a great day
You could try craft fairs, ebay or the flea market. I do not sell. While you stay small you may get away without doing taxes, you will eventually have to. I've done products before, and it is just strange the way things are taxed. I can wash your car, not charge tax, but if I wax it too I need to tax it. There are so many rules, it just gets confusing.

Fiverr Exposed

I think it's a good idea, especially if you can find a niche in the candle market. Whether it be items embedded in the candle, or other novelty items, I think the more difficult a job you undertake, the more likely it is that you will be a better seller because most people won't want to spend the time or expense making a candle like yours. They'd rather buy it.

I think eBay would be a good start, but I would also use it to push people to my own website, where they can see an expanded selection of candles. There's an idea for ya!

SoftRain

I don't sell mine; they are for my personal use and gifts for others. If I were going to sell, though, I would look into Etsy before eBay. Etsy is a site for crafters and I don't think the fees are as high as eBay's fees.

AnonaMoss

I have a friend who rented a cart at the mall, and she sells her candles on the weekends. She also plans to make a website for her company. As others have mentioned, Etsy would be a good choice. You can also try your local farmer's market. At my local's farmer's market it is only 20 dollars a day to set up.