Do You Meditate?

ThymeforRodney

I was just wondering if anyone here meditates? I have found it very useful in controlling pain and headaches if I practice every day. A friend taught me to do it and it's wonderful even if it does just decrease stress for the time.

smellsrfun

I do not currently but I want to start. I think it would clear my head and get rid of some of this stress. How often do you meditate and for how long each time?

lizard7

long time meditator

I have been meditating since my teens (52 now) and find it very helpful in relieving stress and relaxation. I use many types of meditation techniques and sometimes meditate anywhere from 10 minutes to 45 minutes. I also begin the day with chanting which energizes me for the day.

Walter

I learned meditation in the yoga class I attended, and I try to practice it everyday. It's really helpful to calm my mind and control my emotion. I used to be short tempered, mind you.

vanillabean

Meditation is wonderful. I have been trying to keep a habit of doing it every day. When I can, I try and do it for bedtime. It helps me sleep better.

ThymeforRodney

If I have time, I shoot for around 30 minutes. If I don't, I'll take what I can get even if it's just 10 minutes at a time. If I'm having a very stressful day at work, I'll nibble at my desk and take my 30 minute break and meditate if I can get someone to promise to wake me if I accidentally go to sleep during it.

curer

Yea, I do meditation twice a day. One time in the morning and another time in the evening. I feel totally relaxed and relieved after a hectic days work. I strongly recommend every one to do meditation at least once a day.

boobah

Meditation and prayer have been scientifically proven to help a person feel better. It is good for the mind, body and soul. I meditate at least 1 time a day 7 days a week.

Mellie

I have been trying to add meditation to my daily routine. I always feel more focused and centered when I meditate, but for some reason I seem to try to avoid doing it. I am not quite sure why.

wanderingherb

I have been trying to add meditation to my daily routine. I always feel more focused and centered when I meditate, but for some reason I seem to try to avoid doing it. I am not quite sure why.
That's when you just "train" yourself to do it. Then it becomes a habit and something you'll miss if you don't do it!

Wanderingherb

Hedda

I have done it off and on through the years, bit it's only recently that I have become more regular and disciplined about it. I do it as part of my overall health.