Do you do anything to try to relieve stress?

WeepingWillow

Do you exercise, do you take deep breaths, read, etc?

If there are things you do to relax. what are they? I am looking for more options.

Right now, I do yoga. It helps a lot, but I am looking for other ideas to add to yoga to intensify the state of relaxation that I get.

Myrrh

One of my favorite ways to de-stress is to curl up in bed with a good book. Sometimes, I also go to my favorite coffee shop, find a seat in the corner and read while having a cup of coffee. I also do basic yoga poses or go out for a walk in order to get my mental house in order.

PaloVerde

The first thing I do when I start feeling a build-up of stress is to pour myself an icy glass of water, drink it down, and feel the cold inside. It helps me refocus. Then, if I am at home, I take ten minutes to lay down with my eyes closed and try to think of something besides the thing that is bothering me. If I am not at home, I try to at least take a couple minutes to myself to gather my thoughts.

SoftRain

Exercise is my favorite way to relieve stress these days. I also do some deep breathing, read a book, or go hit a coffee shop alone. I really treasure having alone time since I had kids.

Aconite

I like to get out and go for a walk. If I'm out in the fresh air breathing, moving, I can usually start to feel better right away. I also like to stretch a little bit as well. You'd be surprised how stretching a little bit relieves plenty of stress.

PaloVerde

Laughter is also a fantastic stress reliever. Sometimes all it takes is a little bit of silliness to make problems seem smaller.

Also, sex is another stress reliever. ;)