disk injury

chabella

All Lady
How common is a disk injury? My husband has been refereed to a sports doctor due to an injury he managed to get about a week ago, they know it has something to do with a disk in his back but right now that is all they know.

SuzyQ

It must be pretty common, because I know quite a few people who have had some kind of disk injury, either a slipped disk or something similar. It will depend how serious it is whether he needs physiotherapy or surgery. Good luck!

chabella

All Lady
I knew someone years ago, a trucker than fell off the back of his truck. I am not sure if it was slipped disk or a herniated disk, are they the same thing? Thanks, he is going to set an appointment even though the pills he is taking now have cleared up most of the pain (I am still making him go).

Cobbler

It is pretty common. I got hit with a forklift some years back and that's what happened to me, a disk slipped out of place. The right doctor, time and meds will take care of it.

chabella

All Lady
Right now they are working and he is still going to set an appointment or I told him I am going to cut off food and laundry services. I cannot believe how easy this can happen. I started researching a few days ago and even people in their early 20's and late teens can suffer from disk issues.

In many cases, these age-related changes cause no problems, but some people experience a painful condition called degenerative disc disease. The most common symptom is back pain caused by holding the same position (either sitting or standing) for too long. It’s among the most common causes of chronic back pain in older people.