dandelions...

Nature

Chillin Under SummerLight
do you have a crappy liver? eat DANDELIONS!!, do you have really bad vitamine intake? eat DANDELIONS!! do you hate your mother in law? eat DANDELIONS!!! all this can be avoided if you eat dandelions :D

chabella

All Lady
That is an interesting way to look at it, but I can not think of any good condiment that would help to make me want to eat them. I mean really....they are annoying already, wouldn't they be annoying to eat too?

Nature

no there highly nutritious, they are a highly recommended in a lot of countries they use them for numerous aliments, i use it to bring my vitamine lvl up to top output, imake tea or eat them raw or i fry them up and use it in my stir fry, they may be a tad bitter but it's soooooooo worth it , i feel the energy benefits in a few mintes of eating, and it's very useful if your a hiker like me you will need the calories trust me, energy boost in a pinch, but if you eat the stems you will crap a lot, good for detox, look at the pos i put up (huge *** list of book marks) and the dandelion info will be there read about it and try it out, you can't get hurt in anyway by ingesting this plant, unless you eat 40 pounds in 1 sitting then you have a problem. but all in all it's safe and the uses for this plant is huge

CrunchyMama

If you can catch the leaves before the plant flowers, they are sweet instead of bitter. Every part of the dandelion is edible and nutrition, from the flower to the root. The leaves are good in salad, as greens, or in tea. The root makes excellent medicinal tea. The flower can be stir-fried and is delicious.

Nature

exactly it's really delicious and very very very very very healthy for you next time you feel like killing them in your yard just remember you can eat them!!! put them to better use than wasting money on weed spray for outside

StingingNettle

I worry about pesticides already there. Lawns get SO flooded with chemicals. If I lived somewhere for years, and knew that no chemicals had been put on the yard for 10 years, I might feel comfortable.

Another alternative would be to grow them in the garden, I guess.

TonicForMe

My lawn doesn't get flooded with chemicals and I have plenty of dandelions. I usually pick them and wilt them with hot bacon grease. I usually toss in a few green onions cut up before I pour the hot bacon grease over them and they are delicious. I've heard they can make you sleepy but I haven't experienced this at all.

Nature

my stupid father got the lawn sprayed for ants and i know for sure it will mess with my garden, all that food gone to waste, stupid stupid man so now i have an unhealthy harvest and im gonna have to throw it away. im so pissed

Walter

Thanks for starting this discussion. I read that dandelions are a good source of vitamins A, B complex, C, and D, and some minerals like iron, potassium, and zinc. They are superb!

jason

Have a great day
I haven't had any grown near me in a while. I thought about planting some, but it is more for making wine. I've been hearing that dandelions make good wine.

chabella

All Lady
We went out today and got stuff to repel bugs and also to keep those nasty D's away from our yard. It took me over an hour to spray down both the front & back yard but I hope in the end its well worth it.

Nature

:0 you murderer! lol i would have just harvested them, you would have had like the most awesome dandelion harvest, roots, stems, leaves, flowers, thats what im doing now, plus the spray can make you sick can't it? i over grow my yard all the time lol