Cucumbers

Greenwoman

My mother was talking about using lime and cucumber water as a detox. I can understand how the lime could act as a detox ingredient, but exactly how are cucumbers a detoxifying vegetable?

lolli

I don't know. Did you ask her? She must have read it somewhere. I could drink lime and cucumber juice. I like both of them. I am thinking of trying a body detox. It will be my first.

Greenwoman

My mom is not very technologically savvy, and I she wasn't able to recall the website that had the recipe on it. I'm not sure about detoxification, but cucumbers are good in helping to keep worms away, if I recall correctly.

2Nature

I don't know if they can detox but I eat a lot of cucumbers when I'm on a diet. They have almost zero calories and keep your stomach full.

aunaturel

Perhaps because of the water and fiber content? I've never heard of them being used in detoxing before this, but they certainly wouldn't hurt. I've actually never heard of lime as a detox agent, either.

Greenwoman

Well, I've heard of lemons being used for detox, so I just assumed that limes perhaps had a similar use because they were also citrus fruits.

Myrrh

I love cucumber, so it's great to know that it has some detox effects. I would definitely run a quick Google search on this. I haven't had cucumber in my juice, but I guess it's something that I should try.