Colloidal Silver

SallyA

I've read that Colloidal Silver is good if you have an infection. Has anyone used it or know anything about it?

want2learn

I have heard that it is excellent to have around in yuor first aid supplies but I am not sure exactly what it is or how it works.

SallyA

I know someone who burned his foot very badly and the doctor prescribed a cream to put on it that contained some kind of silver. His foot was very infected and the doctor said he might loose it. Once he started using the cream, the foot healed rather quickly.

I wonder if that and colloidal silver are different forms of the same thing. Does anyone know?

GetGoing

Colloidal silver is supposedly able to kill bacteria that was exposed to it. Unfortunately, there is no long-term testing done on it as far as I have read.

peace

Is this a topical treatment? I am just asking because I would be very cautious about ingesting silver as well as certain other metals. Just sounds a little strange to me.

SallyA

Is this a topical treatment?
What was used on the burn was topical and it worked really well. The doctor was talking about the possibility of skin grafts having to be done, but after using it for a week, the burn started healing well.

Colloidal Silver is a liquid that is taken internally. I read that it was used as an antibiotic before the ones we use today were discovered and that it was very effective. I wonder if it's the form the silver is in that makes it safe and effective to ingest.

want2learn

SallyA I believe what you are referring to is called silvadene and it is a topical treatment for burns. I had never heard of a form of silver that was safe to ingest before.

SallyA

I remember the name Silvadene now. It worked wonders on the burn!

Colloidal Silver is totally different, though. It's a liquid. I met someone recently that uses it and she says it works really well.

CaughtInAmber

I'd be interested in keeping that around the house for infections. We always seem to wind up with infections of some sort. I have a feeling our immune systems are really fighting right now for some reason. I love to use natural remedies though instead of the traditional kill it with antibiotics approach.