Cinammon

Luvkenny

I heard on the radio that the smell of cinnamon makes you happy and want to spend money. Is this true? My grocery store smells like cinnamon. I noticed it today when I walked in. I love the smell but it doesn't make me want to spend more money.

Aletha

I am awfully happy if I smell cinnamon and other fragrances which smell like home. It's such a great sense memory for me. The grocery I used to go to when I was a child always smelled of spices which they sold in bulk. I can still remember where everything was when I got to go with my mother. She always let me pick out some penny candy when we went and it was a special treat.

Lyra

I have heard that vanilla is a scent strongly preferred by men. I do think the smell of cinnamon is very homey. But I strongly associate it with the holidays, as I am sure many of us do.

Luvkenny

I use cinnamon all the time in my diffusers and plug ins. It's one scent that does not both my allergies. I also love the smell of apples. I'm not a big fan of vanilla though.

Cassia

Cinnamon is one of my favorite scents. I love its sweetness. I didn't know that it had such effects though. What I read before is that cinnamon can help improve brain activity and memory.

Lyra

Maybe people spend more money when they smell cinnamon because it reminds them of the holidays and the holidays mean spending money. That would be sort of funny!

Claudette

My aunt eats cinnamon on her oatmeal because it's supposed to help her with her cholesterol numbers. It makes sense that natural spices have positive effects upon us humans.

Trudy

I'm liking this thread because I bought a fresh bottle of cinnamon yesterday from Whole Foods. We're going to be baking this weekend and I was wondering what I'd do with all that extra cinnamon.