Christmas scents

Joyce

What scents do you consider to be Christmas scents? I want to make some candles for Christmas but I am having a problem with scents.

Lilandra

The first aroma that comes to mind is the smell of cinnamon, I cook a lot of things that I load up with cinnamon during the holiday's.

vanillabean

When I think of the holidays, I also think of cinnamon. It also makes me think of gingerbread cookies and apple pies. Actually, I think any baked cookies or pie scents can be used for Christmas. :)

CeeCee

I think black cherry is one of my favorite Christmas scents. There's something deep and rich about it that reminds me of the holidays. Pine is also something that comes to mind, but most pine candles I've ever smelled are a little too pungent for me. And, of course, as mentioned, all the cookie and pie fragrances, but I try to stay away from them because they make me hungry!

locococo

In our home there are many but the top three are cinnamon, ginger and apple (anything apple pretty much). We do have other scents through the home but when we get to cooking and having about 7 people in the family who have all worked in the industry before, you never really know what you will get, but it will be good.

Locococo, that sounds pretty much what our house smells like around Christmas time. My wife buys those cinnamon brooms and boils cinnamon sticks, ginger and nutmeg on the stove to get the scent and also to add humidity to the dry heated air.