Christmas dangerous for cats!

lolli

I swear every year my cats get into something around Christmas time. We stopped using tinsel on the trees because they ate it. We stopped putting ornaments on the bottom of the tree because they knock them down. What other things are dangerous for our cats around this time?

PaloVerde

You're absolutely right. Tinsel and garland are especially hazardous to cats and dogs. I'd also watch out for a lot of centerpieces and plants for the home this time of year. Poinsettia is poisonous if eaten. Candles are also used a lot for holidays and they can be very dangerous if knocked over.

lolli

I never thought about the plants! Candles for sure! My cats go crazy and they knock stuff down and over all the time. It's crazy! Everything is not put away so they are not in danger anymore.

Alli

I downsized my tree several years ago and quit using tinsel for the same reason. There new thing is twist ties that come on loaves of bread. If I happen to drop one on the floor, it's gone in a second. The little one loves to play with it. I try to take it away as quickly as I can. I'm afraid she will swallow that wire.