Chia seeds

Claudette

We're heading to the health foods store this morning because we've run out of chia seeds. We started putting them in the morning smoothies at the recommendation of our dentist of all people. He was at the house for dinner last year. That one bag has lasted all year. We don't want to get out of the habit because we've run out of the things.

SoftRain

What are the benefits of eating chia seeds? I've seen them but have a hard time imagining eating them because I always picture the chia pet commercials.

Cassia

I have heard that chia seeds are jam-packed with nutrients. They seem to be a good source of fiber, protein, Omega 3 and Vitamin C. Chia seeds are also loaded with antioxidants.

freshfoodie

I also use them in my smoothies. You only need to use about 1 tablespoon. They are packed with nutrients and give you energy. I started using them after I saw an episode of Dr. Oz where he recommended them.

Well I'm glad I read this thread. I have never heard of using Chia seeds before. I'm like you SoftRain, I just see all the 'chia pets' in my head when I hear that word. I'll have to check the out a bit more.

Hyacinth

I have a friend who thinks that chia seeds are like a super food, so she incorporates the seeds into her diet. She adds them to her smoothies, pancake mix, and cookie and bread recipes.