Cheer up kitty

chabella

All Lady
Our oldest kitty is having some issues, we brought a new cat into the home and she is fine with her but still feels left out. Also she is now getting ear drops due to over excessive wax. What can I do to help cheer her up (rather than catnip)?

StarGazer

I would just give her some extra attention, I think. Pet her, groom her and just love on her the next few days until she adjusts to the new addition.

rayne

We're having the same issues chabella. A little female stray wandered in a few weeks ago and our male 2 year old is not happy. She stays indoor and he's indoor/outdoor so he's spending much of his time outdoors right now. I have been loving on him, brushing on him and giving him special food but so far, he's still unhappy.

lolli

I agree with giving her more attention. I would also try to get both cats playing together. That might cheer her up too. I bet she hates those ear drops! I know my cats do.

chabella

All Lady
It is very odd, she has never done this before with our (first) younger cat that we adopted about 4 years ago, nor anytime we have helped others to pet sit. I think she is just getting older and grumpier. She has been in the den with me most of the day while I do a little summer cleaning and she does not even mind the music.

Myrrh

Maybe she is just becoming more jealous as she gets older. As what the others have said, providing her with increased attention may help. She needs to feel that you still love her as much as you did before the new one came.

chabella

All Lady
At the rate it is going it seems like we do love her more, going the affectionate route has taken a toll. I have cats all around and under my feet all day.