Castile soap?

freshfoodie

Has anyone here ever used castile soap for anything? Is there a brand that is better than others? Where do you buy it? I found several homemade shampoo recipes that call for it but I have never heard of it before.

AnonaMoss

I have tried it on my hair and skin and it didn't work well for me. It made both my hair and skin very dry. I've used it for cleaning stains out of clothes and carpet spills; This worked out a lot better for me than using it on my body. I think it's a good to have around because it can be used for so many things.

freshfoodie

Anona, when you used it on your hair and body did you just use it straight out of the bottle or did you mix it with anything? The recipes I found for shampoo just used it as a base for other things like herbs and essential oils.

alid1

I have Dr. Bronners peppermint liquid soap. It also makes my skin feel dry. The smell doesn't last past the shower either. I had high hopes for this soap, but it was disappointing. It also costs a lot. Like 15.00 a bottle. This is the only experience I have with castile soap, and it is not a good one.

SweetPea

Dr Bronners, you can use it for just about everything. The list is too bbig to share here so I suggest going to their website. Its an amazing product.

gina121

I have tried to make a home-made shampoo from castile soap, but wasn't very pleased with the outcome. Because it is made from vegetable oils, castile is known for being hair and skin friendly, without the harsh effects of normal soap. However, I felt it doesn't clean as well as plain shampoo.

FirstBaby2011

I use Dr. Bronner's Baby Mild version for washing my hands and as a body wash for my toddler. I used to use it on myself, but I prefer using bar soaps as I can get a better lather. Commercial liquid soaps were drying my hands out terribly, but putting about one tablespoon of this castile soap in a foam soap dispenser keeps my hands well moisturized.

HealthyS7

I use Dr. Bronner's castile soap and I love how one bottle can do it all. It lasts a long time in my house. You only need a little bit to lather your entire body. Goodbye watered down body washes that cost $5 a bottle. This soap is amazing.