Candle Making With the Kids

MissEm

We will be going on vacation to a colonial village in Massachusetts next week. I am very excited because one of the crafts the kids can do it candle making. I can't wait to do this with my kids! Has anyone else made candles with children?

Luvkenny

You are doing this on vacation? I have always wanted to go to Colonial Massachusetts. I have not made it there yet. I have made candles with my daughter. She loves crafts. We made them right at home.

SoftRain

That sounds fun! We make candles at home and my 3 year old watches, but I can't let her do too much else. I'm afraid she will spill wax everywhere or hurt herself.

MissEm

I am so bummed out! We never made it to Old Sturbridge Village, so my kids were unable to do this craft. I will have to look into doing something here at home as I think they will get a kick out of it.

Myrrh

Too bad, you weren't able to do candle making at the colonial village. It would have been a different experience for you and the kids. Anyway, you can still make your own candles at home!

SoftRain

MissEm, I'm sorry you didn't get to make them at the village, but you can find cheap candle kits at craft stores. They still make pretty good candles.

Elberberry

There are several different types of candle making kits available in craft stores. They are a great way to introduce your children to the art of candle making. After they have worked with them for awhile you can decide whether they are old enough for a bigger project.