Candle Making Day

SoftRain

Tomorrow is Imbolc, a neopagan holiday. One of the traditions of the holiday is candle making, so if you end up making candles tomorrow, think of the pagans. ;)

SuzyQ

Can you tell me why the Pagans make candles on this day? I have often considered doing this, but it seems to me to be a fairly dull and unexciting craft. Is there more to it?

SoftRain

Imbolc is traditionally associated with the first stirrings of spring and return of light. Making and burning candles is seen as a way of encouraging the sun to return.

Making candles can be tedious at times, but it is neat to see what you can do, and experimenting with color and scent is fun.

nutti

Interesting for sure. I know very little about pagans so I did not know this. It makes sense though. Candles bring light and who isn't ready for spring and bright sunny days. I know I am.

Luvkenny

I too know very little about pagans - is it a religion? No candle making for me today. We are watching movies all day! Bought a bunch of junk food and rented movies. We were supposed to be hit hard with Nemo (storm) so I planned ahead.