Candle Magic?

rosie

Has anyone ever heard of Candle magic practices? I found a book at a used book sale quite a while ago. It's not much different than using crystals or deep meditation. You use different colored candles for different results.

AppleMay

No, haven't heard of anything like this. Sounds kind of interesting and wonder just how it is used? Maybe I'll see if I can find a good used book on this.

Esperahol

So is a mood sort of thing or a wiccan sort of thing and how common is this? I've not heard of it as a seperate practice just something that comes with wiccan work.

Nakhash

I'm not Wiccan but I am a practicing witch. I do candle magick all the time and get very good results from it. Just be aware that it may not come out exactly the way you think it will.

For instance, I have a spell going right now for Peace and Harmony within my family. I won't go into a long sob story but my aunt promised my nephew to stay with the family in Boston and the Cape for his graduation present. He was packed since May. She never told him of any changes. The day before his birthday - which she had promised would be celebrated at the Hard Rock Cafe - he unpacked his bags while struggling not to get emotional.

So far she is trying to reach out but my sister and nephew aren't ready to hear from her. I was the messenger who told her what was going on and the reamed me royally as well as bringing my mother into the middle and throwing in our faces every thing she'd ever given us.

I'm beginning to believe that peace and harmony among all of us will be achieved by keeping our distance from her. She's been bullying us for quite some time as she has quite a lot financially and we're struggling to stay above poverty.

chabella

All Lady
I never share my secrets but I have a few books that I could recommend if you are interesting. Also do not believe everything you read online, many sites are full of nonsense.

Nakhash

I never share my secrets but I have a few books that I could recommend if you are interesting. Also do not believe everything you read online, many sites are full of nonsense.
Extremely good advice. There are quite a few nonsensical sites on the Internet. I don't mind sharing "harmless" spell work with others. Things that I don't believe they can mess us or do themselves or others any harm. I agree that there are some spell work that the person needs to learn on their own and work toward achieving some mastery in before attempting the more difficult and possibly dangerous spells.

Sage

Extremely good advice. There are quite a few nonsensical sites on the Internet. I don't mind sharing "harmless" spell work with others. Things that I don't believe they can mess us or do themselves or others any harm. I agree that there are some spell work that the person needs to learn on their own and work toward achieving some mastery in before attempting the more difficult and possibly dangerous spells.
I could use that "Peace and Harmony" spell. There is a lot of discord on my mother's side of the family right now.

For anyone looking for black candles (which dispel negativity), watch for them at Micheal's around Halloween. They are super cheap and you can usually find both pillar and votive.