Candle Kits

Luna

When you want to venture, and make your own candles, are kits available? Do you buy a kit, or did you decide to buy what you need seperately? Most kits, I have bought for anything, are expensive and never have enough supplies. I am just not sure which way I should go.

chabella

All Lady
I have seen a few kits online that sell for about twenty or thirty dollars but some kits are different. I have seen some that do not have "everything" in them. Do you know what you want to start working on? Maybe you do not need a big kit after all.

jason

Have a great day
Most craft stores like Michaels have the kits. It may be a nice idea to try one out if you have never done it. But I tend to find kits for anything is just to get you started. If you like it you tend to go for better quality stuff.

Gracie

I've seen some kits too but I don't use them. I think you can get the stuff you need cheaper without buying a kit. Then again kits tell you how to do it so if you are just learning it might be the way to go.

wonder

I agree that the kits are more expensive but if you don't want to make a lot of candles it's probably the way to go. When you buy things separate you often have a lot and you can make a lot more.

Luna

I have not found a craft I did not like, so i think I might skip the kits. I can always Youtube or search for exact instructions. Plus, if I buy my own candle making stuff, I can get exactly what I need, and any special scents I want too.

CrankyMonkey

We just buy the gel wax and scent to make our own. We can usually get the big canister on Ebay for about $20 or less and it lasts forever.