Breast exams

Luvkenny

How often do you do self breast exams? How thorough are you? I try to do them at least once every other month. I do them when I'm laying in bed. It's important to catch things early on so you can be sure to beat future problems.

gina121

Once every three months or so, if I remember to do it! I do ask the doc to check me every six months or so, just to be sure.

Melissast

Every other mounth if I can remember, but I have a bad memory so it turns out being about every three or four mounths. I had overian cancer when I was a teenager. I heard that people who have hadcancer are more likely to get some kind of cancer again, so it makes me a little parinoid.

sandooch

I am so bad. I hardly ever do them. And I really should as I've had my cousin battle breast cancer twice and have had 2 breast biopsies myself. You'd think that would get me into the habit.:(

claudine

Since I'm a hypochondriac and I'm scared of almost every disease, I try to do it every month. I need to be sure that everything is all right. I just do it after every period, this way it's easier for me to remember about it.

krisnaturalgal

I try really hard to do one each month. I try to be very thorough. I think I could probably be even more thorough about this. I do also get my yearly exams at the doctor.

Luvkenny

I have to schedule my mammogram today. I had a mammogram when I was in my early 30s but it came back fine. Really it only takes a minute to do a self breast exam. Take the time everyone and be sure to remember too.

I've never done them or have never been to a doctor to do it. I know I should as I have had many friends with breast cancer. Thank for this reminder!

chabella

All Lady
Twice a month not counting when my spouse attempts to check for himself. Honestly thought I got into the habit years ago when my mother was diagnosed (late) with lung cancer, not the same thing but in my mind all of the C's are bad and I would rather know early than late.

marchese

i had my first mamogram a few weeks back. I try to check frequently as my mother had breast cancer. So I make sure i'm on top of it

I've never had one or done one. Not purposefully anyway. But I have itty-bitty boobies and they are often touched/squeezed by me or my boyfriend. They are so small that there is really very little area to "examine" lol.

I had a huge lump grow in my breast last year though. I never got it checked out, as I don't have medical insurance and wouldn't opt for any sort of conventional treatment anyway even if I did get cancer. I had it for a month, and then decided to try and heal it on my own. I did a week-long juice fast and by day 3 the lump was completely gone and it never came back.

artistry

Some people are prone to have lumpy breast, which does not mean anything. I read somewhere that your breasts are supposed to be about the same as far as lumpy goes, on each side. So if I feel something strange on one side I check the other side. No problems so far. Knock on everything. Also massaging your breasts will eliminate the toxin build up and also stop the soreness. Once a week and the soreness goes away. It worked for me. Cheers.

Yeah this was a bright red, large lump coming out of the breast itself. It was really probably more of a skin problem, but I've never had skin problems on my breasts before. It was some type of cyst I think. Whatever it was, it was pretty amazing how fasting got rid of it within days. Fasting has cured a number of things for me. It's my go-t0 remedy for basically anything that comes up.