Bokwa Fitness

Cassia

Have you ever heard of Bokwa fitness? I came across it while browsing a copy of the list of general interest classes for adults for this fall. Accordingly, Bokwa is a group dance and exercise program that combines cardio conditioning, strength training, and flexibility. It also says Bokwa incorporates letters and numbers in the steps. That part is not clear to me though.

SoftRain

I saw a news segment about it once. The dance steps actually draw out the letter; for example, you can step back, to the right, then forward to draw the letter U.

Cassia

I saw a news segment about it once. The dance steps actually draw out the letter; for example, you can step back, to the right, then forward to draw the letter U.
So that's the way the letters integrated into the dance moves. Thanks for the info! I guess that adds to the fun and makes Bokwa stand out from the health and fitness crowd.

herbalnut

I have never heard of this before. It sounds like a cross between Zumba and ballroom dancing. You have the fun of Zumba with the steps/drawing diagrams of ballroom. Does that sound about right?

Luvkenny

I have never heard of it either. I am a crazed fan of Zumba. I am going to ask my instructor tomorrow if she has heard of it. She takes training classes in all kinds of exercise.

derricka drake

Hi! I'm a Bokwa Instructor and I love it. I have been teaching since March. It is a cardio fitness group dance exercise. And We do draw letters and numbers on the floor, such as L, C, B, 1, 2 etc. The awesome thing I love about Bokwa is that it uses american sign alphabet to cue the steps! Super cool when I saw it! If you go to Bokwafitness.com you can find a class near you.

SoftRain

I didn't know they used ASL to signal the steps. That is pretty neat and once you learn the signs, perhaps a little clearer than typical cues for dance classes.