Best Soap for Eczema

Heaven Scent

My cousin gets really bad bouts of eczema on his legs, hands and arms, which seems to get irritated by certain soaps.

My sister had tried soaps labelled for "sensitive skin" and some work better than others but none are perfect.

Does anybody know of any that work or have any recipes so I can make him some.

Joyce

Have they tried baby soap? I make a fantastic baby soap with infused calendula, chamomile and lavender in olive oil. You can adapt that as the oils in any recipe if you run it through a lye calculator.

Cheddar

I've been battling a bit of this myself and it is a struggle. I had some success with an aloe vera formula, but the best was a lavender and Camomile combination. It actually soothed my hands.

Joyce

I have had rave reviews of mine from all the people who tried it out, the calendula, chamomile and lavender infused olive oil made it a success for me.

Heaven Scent

Thanks for the suggestions. Most of the soap's my sister has tried have lavender and chamomile and some have calendula.

But all the ones she has bought, even 'baby' and 'sensitive' seem to have something added (I imagine to make them look nicer to sell more) that sets him off. Thats why I fancied making some so I know exactly what went in.

Joyce

That is why I started doing what I have been doing, so I can control the additives and make sure I know exactly what is in it.

wanderingherb

Believe it or not olive oil and/or Neem oil (can stink to high heaven) and/or emu oil are all very good for this. And, a good goatmilk soap 100 percent not watered down goat milk with healthy oils used and avena (finely very finely rolled ground to fine powder oatmeal) with honey.

I would search the internet for handmade without artificial additives.

Wanderingherb