Best place to buy beeswax?

freshfoodie

I have been comparison shopping beeswax prices but other than Michael's JoAnn's Fabrics and Ebay I don't really know where else to look. Is there a store you prefer over others that is affordable and has quality beeswax?

jblythe4

beeswax

I am getting ready to order some for the summer and the cheapest place I found was Amazon and that included free shipping.

freshfoodie

Is there a particular seller on Amazon that you go through? I see that there are a bunch of different ones. They all look like they have pretty decent prices though.

webworkinggirl

One of the cheapest places I've found it was in blocks at health food stores (I believe I found mine in Vitamin Cottage). You could also try Whole Foods, Sunflower Market, or other Organic Foods and Farmer's Markets in your area.

They will definitely also have it at craft stores, usually you'll find it with the other soap making supplies - often times there it's sold in small bags of wax beads - and it's more expensive than in the blocks. The beads can be easier to work with, but I don't have any problems shaving or cutting the amount I want off the blocks. I believe you might even be able to find those bags of beeswax beads in the craft sections at Walmart, which always stays pretty competitive on pricing!

There are loads of online retailers that you can buy it at, too... just look around for some of the different popular sites that sell soap making supplies. There are tons of them if you do a google search. TKB Trading is one of the ones I have purchased beeswax from online off the top of my head. Of course, online you'll have to pay for shipping and factor that into the cost, unless you can find it on Amazon with Free Super Saver Shipping - but I still think you should just mosie around the health food store beauty product sections, and other aisles of random products besides food they always have. You'll find it there!

huullk

I am getting ready to order some for the summer and the cheapest place I found was Amazon and that included free shipping.

shaunche

The best place to buy beeswax is from a local beekeeper. A local beekeeper should be cheaper than online stores because you are cutting out the middle man. I buy raw honey and beeswax from a local beekeeper, the price is significantly cheaper.

If you are looking for some beeswax you may want to look for the farmers markets. I know this is where I have been finding it. The price is a little bit higher, but if you buy in bulk the farmers usually cut you a great deal!