Best Method for Using Seashells

What are your best methods for using seashells in candles, and what types of seashells would you specifically choose? While I was in San Diego, I saw the most beautiful seashell candles, but they were expensive of course due to tourism. Now that I'm going to visit Myrtle Beach, I thought I would collect seashells for use, but I'm not sure where to start. What is your method?

Waynefire

I have never thought about using them in candles before. I know some people use them as decorations for the candle holders. Those seem to work out really well and provide a great beauty look for the piece to use.

Jessi

You can use just about any of them!!

The size and shape will just depend on what you find that you like. You can turn any of them into candles, though. And any that are too small to fill directly, you can use as decoration or candle legs like in that last picture.

Jessi

I'm glad that one works for you! I didn't think about simply using small ones to cover a large candle, so that's not where my mind went at all for searching for pictures, ha.

Laurasav

My mom used to make seashell candles when we were up north at the lake. It was a lot of fun. I love the photos Jessi put up! Brings back memories. Mom also would use the shells as decorations on sand candles, which were also very cool looking! Have fun!
Hey, when you're in Myrtle Beach, you should go see Brookgreen Gardens nearby. I think it's around Murrells Inlet. It's a spectacular place to visit! I'd love to go back someday.