Benefits of Lemongrass

Aconite

I really wanted to highlight this awesome herb that has helped not only me but millions of others in the world. It's so cheap, and it does so many things. You don't have to grow it if you don't want to but the uses from adding it to your soaps, cleaning liquids, drinking it for medicine, or just adding it topically are just amazing. I just buy the essential oil online for $10 and it's already super concentrated. I use it for many things.

Raspberry Leaf

Now I'm curious! I've seen lemongrass listed in many cleaning products, but I thought it was just for the nice scent. I'm fond of adding lemongrass to Thai dishes and tea, but I've never looked up its medicinal properties. What would you say it works best for?

Aconite

I'm glad I could help! I didn't know that much about it either until I started researching it out of necessity. I had a nice orange and lemongrass natural soap recently that was such a treat I can't wait to get more!

The nice thing about Lemongrass, is that it's antibacterial, and won't cause hormone disruptions and bacteria resistance like the chemical soaps do!

Lilly

What does ingesting it internally do? I mean, what do you use it to treat? I know it has a very nice smell, but I have never used it in my cooking before.

freshfoodie

I was actually given some lemongrass mixed with wintergreen essential oils for pain. I applied it topically and it was wonderful! Aconite, where do you get it for $10? I would love to get some more.

Raspberry Leaf

Lemongrass and mint sounds amazing! I'm gonna have to look that up to see what I can find.

I did a search, and apparently lemongrass is good for sore throats, fevers, pain relief, infections, wound care, and detoxing. It apparently has antidepressant properties, too. I'm going to have to start brewing lemongrass tea more often!