Bath fizzies

peacenik

I don't know if this truly counts as soap but I couldn't see a better section. I'm looking for recipes for bath fizzies, those hard cakes that crumble/melt under hot water to add softeners and scent to the water. I have a couple but I'd really like to have more so I have more options.

SEA81

Here's a Martha Stewart recipe. I've never actually tried it, but most of her stuff is pretty good! marthastewart.com/271871/bath-fizzies

misumaru15

Thanks for the recipe. I will have to try this. I have bought some at a store for my kids. They liked them and would love to make their own. This would be a healthy and fun way to spend some time.

Oh this sounds wonderful! Sounds like the perfect gift idea for Mother's Day as well. Thanks so much for the link! I can't wait to try and make them. Wish me luck.

minniedo

That's a great idea! My mother loves these things so I always try to include some in a basket for her but I haven't seen any this year to put away. I am going to try that Martha Stewart recipe.

misumaru15

Where can I get the citric acid? I am looking for someplace low cost. This could work quite well and I can customize it.

Citric acid can be found at many of the health food stores. You can also find this at some of the grocery stores as well depending on how good the pharmacy is. So you should look at these stores or even call them before wasting gas!