As we age

lolli

What nutrients and vitamins do we need more as we age? I know we need to make sure that we drink a lot of milk. Dairy keeps our bones healthy and strong. What else do we need to increase?

Hyacinth

As we age, we also should increase our vitamin D intake since this vitamin facilitates the absorption of calcium. Vitamin B12 is another. Vitamin B12 promotes healthy nerve function.

Primrose

I have found out the hard way that potassium is another thing we should be concerned about. Potassium rich foods or potassium pills should be considered. Check with your doctor. Low potassium can really affect you.

chabella

All Lady
Too many people forget how easy it is to eat a banana, it always surprises me. I know I need more Vitamin D, I seldom go out in the sun but I have been working to try and let more fresh light into the house to help out.

lolli

Thanks everyone! I am going to look for a multi-vitamin with all of these things. I need something to help with my memory too. I keep forgetting things!

Lyra

Too many people forget how easy it is to eat a banana, it always surprises me. I know I need more Vitamin D, I seldom go out in the sun but I have been working to try and let more fresh light into the house to help out.
Oh, I don't forget to eat a banana. I avoid eating bananas! I do not care for the texture, though the flavor and scent are nice. It is a shame, because you are correct that they are very nutritious. I've heard that eating a banana before bed can knock out leg cramps!