Apple cider vinegar?

StarGazer

I've been reading up on this after both a friend and my mother told me how taking apple cider vinegar twice a day helps them. My friend has been doing it for years to relieve arthritis, and he swears it works. My mom started it a few weeks back to kick her past a weight loss plateau. She said she lost 3 lbs the first week taking it, after having been stalled for over 2 weeks. Anyone else use apple cider vinegar daily? Do you know if the ACV supplements are as effective?

herbalnut

I don't do it daily, but I will use apple cider vinegar to relieve bloating and gas. It has been the only thing to help me. Even taking tons of medicine hasn't helped. I will have to look into the other health benefits.

SoftRain

I have heard it also helps with heartburn. I just haven't been able to get past the idea of that strong taste to try taking it myself.

Primrose

My friend swears by taking 2 tbls. apple cider vinegar before bedtime every night. I would love to try it but right now am fighting an ulcer. When it calms down a little, I plan to give it a try.

herbalnut

I have heard it also helps with heartburn. I just haven't been able to get past the idea of that strong taste to try taking it myself.
The taste is horrible. I take it like someone would take a shot of alcohol.... quick and with a chaser of something better tasting to wash away the acid. It works miracles for me when I'm not feeling well, so I think it's worth it.

Lilly

How much are you supposed to take for weight loss? I have heard that it can help with a myriad of health problems. Does it work to help keep blood sugar under control?

StarGazer

From what I've read, herbalnut, you really shouldn't take it straight like that. It's very bad for your teeth and can cause ulcerations in the mouth and esophagus with longterm use.