Anti-inflammatory herbs

relaxme

I've been having some problems lately with muscles aches and I feel like I'm all inflamed. Is there any herb that I can grow and take to make me feel better?

SallyA

Herbs For Inflammation

Some herbs that have anti-inflammatory properties are Turmeric, ginger, garlic (possibly), green tea and bromelain. Turmeric contains a natural anti-inflammatory compound. Ginger, a relative of turmeric, and bromelain are known for their usefulness in easing inflammation. Research is inconsistent about garlic, which might have anti-inflammatory agents, but even if it doesn't, is a good herb for overall health. Ginger and garlic can be grown by a home grower, but the others would, I believe, need to be purchased from a health food store or in the spice or health food sections of a local grocery.

In addition to the herbs, dark green leafy salads and cruciferous vegetables, like broccoli, are rich in anti-oxidants that help to ease inflammation. Broccoli also contains sulfur, which the body uses to make its own anti-oxidants. Of course, they can be grown a garden.

Fruits that have anti-inflammatory properties are cherries and blueberries. At least one study, published in the April 2006 issue of Journal of Nutrition, showed that eating cherries daily can significantly reduce inflammation. Blueberries have natural compounds that reduce inflammation. The good news is that the frozen ones are less expensive, but are just as good for you as the more expensive fresh blueberries. Both the cherry tree and blueberry bush can be grown by the home gardener.

All of these foods should help you to feel better!