Aloe in mattresses?

Nina

I heard recently about aloe vera being featured in certain mattresses. What a concept. Even though it sounds healthy and beneficial, it also sounds like there's lotion in my mattress. I need to do more research. Has anyone used one of these mattresses?

Hmm... I have never heard of this concept. I have heard of aloe socks to moisturize your feet, but I have never heard of an aloe mattress before. It probably is beneficial, but I don't know if I would want this in my mattress either. Would it feel moist and would it smell, would be my top questions.

Parker

I was curious about this since I hadn't heard about it. It seems the aloe vera is in the mattress cover. It is supposed to
help keep nasty bacteria, mold, mites and insects off the cover. It also reported to help maintain your skin's natural balance and help the renew the skin cells. I'm not sure if I belief all that. It does sound like an interesting marketing strategy.

dissn_it

Interesting but I am not sure that I would buy it. It sounds more like a marketing scheme and I don't think the aloe would last very long.

jovan107

I agree with dissn_it, this does sound like a great marketing scheme. I think it would be best to use Aloe the natural way to reap its health benefits. I use Aloe with whipped Shea butter as a body lotion. I use it once a week and its a great moisturizer.

claudine

For me it sounds interesting, I've never heard of it before. But how long can you use a mattress like this? Does it have an expiration date? I love aloe, it helps my skin so much, I couldn't imagine what would I do without my gel. Maybe sleeping in aloe lotion wouldn't be bad.

iampeebs

I would assume that the mattress wears like the socks. You know how the socks run out of aloe and then they are just plain socks? Well, I think the same principle is in play with the mattress. Once the aloe wears out, it is just a regular mattress. It's not like aloe is like milk or something that curls and goes nasty. I love the idea of these mattresses, but have never used one before.