African Soap

HealthyS7

I heard that African soap has been great for your complexion. Does anyone know what is in it or know how to make it?

It is good for the skin. I've been using it for 9 months now and it really cleared my skin up. African black soap is mainly comprised of the ashes of Cocoa Pods, shea tree bark, Plaintain peels and various oils such as palm oil and coconut oil. One thing you want to be weary of is the pH balance. It has a pH balance of 8 (very alkaline) and can break you out if you don't dilute it with water, lemon juice or aloe vera juice (the lemon juice and aloe vera juice would be the best options because they are acidic).

Here's a video on how to make it: www (dot) youtube (dot) com/watch?v=g8YTHtnP8mo

Lena51

I had never heard of this soap before but it's nice to know that you can make it and it does your skin really good. Do anyone know what it smells like? I would like to try this one and see how it works for myself. What kind of marks does it leave in the tub? Will they come out of the tub with a product like baking soda, ajax or comet?

AnonaMoss

I've used black African soap and it's a bit drying to the complexion, I think. I didn't have any problems with staining. The only problem I had was that it was so soft. As soon as the water touched it, the soap got much smaller. It didn't last long enough. I wouldn't purchase it again.

I actually have never heard of this before. What is this exactly? I would like to learn more because I doubt it is high in allergy content because I am allergic to most soaps in the world!

Parker

I have heard of African black soap, but never tried it. I heard it was great. So many great things to try, so little time. ;)

misumaru15

From what I understand true african black soap doesn't have to be black in color. It is made of natural ingredients. I just ordered some from Amazon. I will have to try it out. Hopefully it can be helpful.

misumaru15

Ok I am sharing this update. I ordered some African black soap from Amazon. It's not black in color. It is different shades of brown. It smells nice and lathers well. It is also very soft. I have been using it for about a few days. It is clearing up my blemishes nicely. I'll keep using it.

Esperahol

Ok I am sharing this update. I ordered some African black soap from Amazon. It's not black in color. It is different shades of brown. It smells nice and lathers well. It is also very soft. I have been using it for about a few days. It is clearing up my blemishes nicely. I'll keep using it.
So how much did this set you back on Amazon?

I've used black African soap and it's a bit drying to the complexion, I think. I didn't have any problems with staining. The only problem I had was that it was so soft. As soon as the water touched it, the soap got much smaller. It didn't last long enough. I wouldn't purchase it again.
You probably had a better quality soap than I did. I got mine from a street vendor, and it was awesome on my skin, but left brown marks in my bathtub. Nothing that wouldn't come out with some baking soda, but it was still annoying to have to scrub it out.

AnonaMoss

You probably had a better quality soap than I did. I got mine from a street vendor, and it was awesome on my skin, but left brown marks in my bathtub. Nothing that wouldn't come out with some baking soda, but it was still annoying to have to scrub it out.
I think you have to be careful with the black soaps because a lot of people may scam their customers. The real deal should be soft. You could've had a high quality soap. To be sure, do you live in an area with an African store of some kind? Also Whole Foods has a line of authentic Arican black soap too.

misumaru15

I ordered it on amazon and it was about $6 I think with shipping. I got a rather large bar. It does get soft. I just wet it a bit under the water and rub on my skin. It seems to be lasting a bit longer. You can make a liquid soap of it if you wanted to.

lettuce

I've never heard of African soap. I just know fish oil pills, lots of water, regular vitamins and reducing stress seems to work well for me.

SoftRain

I haven't tried African soap myself but if it's kind of drying, I'll have to skip it. My skin tends to dry out really easily already.

Hyacinth

I haven't tried or even heard of African soap before. I had to look it up on Google to find out more about it. Accordingly, it is made from pure virgin oils and shea butter plus other natural ingredients. The soap looks relatively different when compared to the usual ones.

misumaru15

Misu, how did this work out? I seen you ordered some from Amazon and want to know how well it worked!
So far I like it. I have been a bit stressed so I have some breakouts. So far I love it. I will note that it does seem to be quite soft and considering it's homemade that makes sense. I will be getting a little jar to put the soap in. I break off a piece to use and wrap the rest up and store it. I use a moisturizer afterwards.

Nina

A friend gave me some African soap she had found as a Christmas gift. I enjoyed it, and would love to receive more of it. If it doesn't show up in this year's Christmas stocking, I may look around and see where I can find more.