A simple smile

Luvkenny

My workplace has really stunk lately! All employees are down in the dumps. One of my favorite coworkers and I decided that we were going to start smiling at everyone! You should see us! Some people ask us what we want or what we are up to. Everyone but 1 person has smiled back! It is so nice! I am not so miserable because I choose not to be brought down. The CFO called me today and thanked me. I guess people are talking about us all over. I work in a hospital in the Finance department. It takes a simple smile to be happier!

Pinkle

I used to work in a hospital as well and employee morale was pretty low in every department. It's great that you're trying to do something simple to boost morale.

Myrrh

That's nice to hear, and I think I should congratulate you! Sometimes the things that we consider simple and small can indeed be a catalyst for something greater and bigger.

Luvkenny

I am still at it! I keep smiling and sometimes people smile at me first! I love it. It is great that something so small can make such a big impact! I think we should all try this.

Trudy

What is that song about taking a little frown and turning it upside down? There are lots more: "Whistle while you work. . . " and "Smile, though your heart is breaking." Smiles are infectious. So is laughter.

chabella

All Lady
A smile can go a long way and people somehow still seem to forget that. We have done similar when the office gets in a funk and it is surprisingly a good chain that starts from it, even when we are all under pressure from the work life.

SoftRain

That is really cool. I'm glad your smile campaign is working to boost morale at your office. I never thought of doing anything like that while I was working.

Luvkenny

There is a big layoff coming but I am still smiling. You wouldn't believe how many managers have called me to tell me that their employees are talking about me. I love it! Laughter sure lightens the mood too.