Your Five Favorite Ways of Eating Garlic

adebayo

I am one of those passionate about garlic to spice up food. Yet I keep constantly amazed at how garlic has been used for 3,000 years as something more than just food. Its health benefits are wonderful indeed: regulates blood pressure, fights cancer, fights bacteria, etc.

What would you consider your five favorite ways of eating garlic?

Lilandra

Well, I can think of three ways in which I use garlic on my foods. Whenever I bake I surround my meat with slivers of garlic; also I load up my pot when making soup and I also add this herb to my sauces.

vanillabean

I don't believe that I can think of five favorite ways of eating garlic. I have garlic powder and I put it in almost everything that I eat. If I'm having salad, I'll slice up some garlic and throw it in there.

curer

Garlic is extensively used in Indian cuisine. It tastes good when used with vegetables especially in cooked form. I regularly take garlic in cooked form. I love its taste too.

boobah

When I have a sore throat I like to chew the cloves. I know this kind of burns and leaves bad breath but I find that it really does help me feel a lot better in the long run.

Thyme

I love garlic specially raw, however, due to acid reflux I have had to cut down. I love making a sauce with it which I put on everything from meat to salad to a dipping sauce for appetizers. I mix mayonnaise with ketchup to make it pink and then minced a couple of garlic gloves and mix it in. I always have a batch in the refrigerator. Give it a try. Once you try it you will be hooked. It is super delicious with French fries.

ThymeforRodney

I like to roast it and spread it on Italian bread. That's my very favorite way but I also love it in roasts, really with all types of meat. Garlic is so good for you, it's a shame it is so smelly.

soursop

I put garlic in any marinade and I also mix it with sauces and other condiments that goes with some of the menu. I also like to eat roasted garlic and raw garlic mixed in vinegar.